StatCounter

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lost and Found in Grand Central Terminal


I'm totally copping out tonight and sharing photos with you.  I was working on a boat for 12 hours and have an early morning audition - give a girl a break!  That being said - these are pretty cool photos.  They are from the Grand Central Terminal branch of the Transit Museum.  These photos are of various objects that were lost on trains the terminated or began at GCT. Each item is kind of a mini time-capsule.  Food stamps, Bill Clinton election buttons,  1953 World's Fair cards - each one is a glimpse into a tiny moment of New York's history.  Here is a quick article about the exhibit: http://stuffnobodycaresabout.com/2013/05/18/objects-lost-and-found-at-grand-central-over-the-past-100-years/

And here are the photos I took when I went to see the exhibit!  I love the conductor who collected these item's comments.  I hope you can read them in the photos!:)  Enjoy!




















No comments:

Post a Comment